Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yoga-Snack: Fairness/Decency


Today's Yoga Snack: Fairness/Decency After some deep belly filling calming breaths, we talked about fairness and decency. What is fairness? It is an adjective that means "free from favoritism, self-interest, or preference in judgment. Having or exhibiting a disposition that is free of favoritism or bias; impartial: a fair mediator. Just to all parties; equitable:". What is decency? It is a noun that means "the quality of being polite and respectable; reputability, respectability - honorableness by virtue of being respectable and having a good reputation".

I had just received a note from an old family friend, who was reminiscing about his childhood summers often spent with my family. He had just learned that my mother had passed away at the beginning of March and he was reaching out to send some kind thoughts on her.

I quote "My fondest memories of her are from the summers I spent in your home in my early teenage years. She treated me like just another member of the family and through her example she showed me that being a kind and decent person was something to strive for."

I too strive to be a kind, decent and fair person. I love to teach children and always treat them with respect for the wisdom they were born with, the wisdom they so desire to absorb and for the wise people they will become.

Ole Namaste!

2 comments:

  1. i found you from Bob W, from Yoga Demystified. What a fun space!! I've always thought flamenco was such a beautiful and passionate dance. :)

    also, being fair is so often something people strive for, and portrayed as being 'vanilla' or bland. I love how you've reminded us just how important it is.

    Many Blessings!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really nice thing for you to say. Fairness is vibrant and alive and makes you feel good and others feel good too.
    Ole Namaste!

    ReplyDelete